So last Monday we went to the Umlazi boarding and we played a huge soccer game between us in the Umlazi zone and the Hillcrest zone from Durban. I would say it was fun because we were building unity and team work whatever, it was really fun because we DESTROYED them! It was like 6-0 haha. And it was awesome cause Elder Makande was on the other team and he is a striker and I am a defender so anytime he got the ball I just shut him down like a true champion! There was one time he had a wide open shot at the goal and he was just about to take it and I came flying in with my slide tackling skills and perfect deflection, saved the goal. (feel free to applaud) Everyone was like 'OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH' haha it was sick as punch. So much fun! Then we went and had a zone braai. Super fun again. It started raining on our fire so we picked it up and tried to put it in the garage then realized how stupid that was so we set it up under the patio sort of. Elder Clayton from Moab bought chicken feet and I got to try one. Disgusting. No meat, just ligaments and bones and really long nasty toe nails. Not recommended.
Tuesday was a pretty normal day. But it was so awesome. We were going to our last appointment and it was about 6:30-7ish. We had to walk into the township. As we were leaving the town and into the township there was a guy in a wheelchair trying to push himself up the hill. People were just walking by like nothing was happening and I couldn't believe it! So of course I ran over and started pushing him. I started talking to him with the little Zulu I know and learned his name is Mongeni Mkhize. Well Mongeni has no legs. He works as a car guard trying to make enough money to support his family staying in the township. Every day he wakes up early early early and pushes himself some outlandish distance. (It takes me about an hour to walk from his house to the church, and he works about a 20 min walk past the church.) So he gets there, has to work for a few hours, then starts home early to get home before it is too dark because it isn't safe. Now from his work to home is entirely up hill. Like steep steep uphill. It was a serious exercise to push him up it. But I talked to him and we eventually got about half way home. We needed to go the other way but I wanted to get him home. Luckily right as we got to the junction another young guy came over and said he would take him from there. I looked down at him and he just had the biggest smile on his face. I couldn't really tell him that much. We couldn't communicate very good, but I knew at that moment we were both feeling the exact same thing. Little acts of service are seriously my favorite thing. If my mission was filled with absolutely nothing else but doing little things for people and making them smile, I would be the happiest returned missionary ever. Awesome!
Wednesday we were finally able to resume work on Innocents garden. We got more land cleared and got it all cleaned up and ready for planting. We will probably be doing that sometime this week.
Thursday we spent the day with Bro Rob the Elder's Quorum President. He came with us into Kwamakhuta to visit the families and set up home teaching. We visited a ton of people! The only problem we encountered is that there is no Melchizedek priesthood... We have priests and all but no men. So the missionaries are going to do splits and teach with the priests which will be fun. We also are now asked to focus in Khutha and find men. Total change from what was happening before. Thats alright though we will do what we need to to help the church grow here. And teaching will be easier haha just getting them to come to church will be the true test.
Friday was interesting. So the other companionship has been kind of fighting/not talking at all for the week. They have been on splits all week with members and things are nonsense. So today I was on exchanges with Mastara in Illovo. We had a good day and taught a number of lessons. We took a member with us named Sandile. He is a recent convert and hilarious! We just walk down the road singing, "Dont worry, Be Happy" and everyone was just smiling at us and we got contacts galore! Pretty fun honestly.
Saturday we were finally able to watch Conference! Now that its been weeks since it happened haha. It was super good though! Priesthood session was fantastic as ever! Always my favorite session. And mom, I am sure no one heard the small munching of Peanut butter M&M's haha. Thank you for the package! Loved the notebook! My favorite talk was probably Elder Quentin L Cook about choices. My favorite line, "Decisions Determine Destiny!" That is such a powerful statement! I liked the whole idea of the conference with how there are things of the world that aren't necessarily bad but do they really help us on our eternal objective or reaching exaltation. And the importance of a strong faith in Christ even with making our decisions. He also said something along the lines of, "A divine faith in Christ is the dividing factor between the Celestial and Terrestrial kingdoms." Faith is really the most important principle even if it is the very first principle of the gospel. It was awesome how they all talked about following the prophets council and obtaining our own faith and personal revelation on the things we hear. Conference rocked my world! We also received the transfer news tonight. Me and Chapps knew we were staying so dropped the other two home and went out for some ice cream. We came back and they told us the news and we almost dropped the cones. Chapman is leaving already. He is serving in Mpumalanga now so eish. Ngandu is also leaving to Kwa Mashu. Not so down about that haha. My new companion is going to be Elder Merile. If you remember he was in my district while I was in Botshabelo. He is a good guy and works really really hard so that will be awesome. Elder Mastara is staying as well again and his new companion is........ Elder Kakaire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my heck you have no idea how excited I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I get to be with that crazy Ugandan again hahahah yes!!!!!!!!!! So pumped I love that kid so freakin much! Oh wonderful day its going to be awesome!
So sunday we watched more conference. I think I enjoyed the Cantonese message the most! Not just cause it was in an awesome language but that was awesome, but I loved the parable and idea of everyone working together. So so important in the work of the lord that we are united in all we do. Such a good talk. We spent the rest of the day visiting families and saying byes. We finished at the Riese family and that was baaaaad. We had finished dessert and we needed to leave. We were saying goodbye and Ngandu just left without saying bye to anyone. Sis Riese said excuse me and asked him why he doesn't greet them or say thank you or anything and it went downhill quick! Thankfully we got out of there with no blood spilt. But the Riese's had a son serving in the West Indies mission. He just came home Friday so we got to meet him and talk to him. He is really cool and still really in mission mode haha. He wants to come with us and teach so that will be fun. Only thing was, made me miss my mom.... One year and it will be some other missionary looking at me thinking the same thing. The circle of life I guess.
Mostly it was kind of an upside down week but a good week. Things are looking good for some new investigators. Some friends of the members that have been making appearances and thinking about the gospel. Hopefully it will give us some people to work with cause as of now, Merile is showing up to not a very big teaching pool or puddle. But I am feeling good and ready for another transfer in Toti! Just loving the people and loving life! I hope everyone has a great week! I love you all!