Hello again everyone! And Happy Birthday to Brenner and Jacey! Looks like you had quite the celebrations going on! Glad you all had a good week. This side things were quite fantastic as well! I do have very limited time today because we are going to the Mission Home for an activity so I will just touch on the highlights quickly!
Monday we went bowling with the zone. Hilarious to watch the african elders try it out haha. But they caught on quick and did pretty good! I don't mean to brag but I took 3rd place with a whopping 83 points ;)
Saturday we had the ward soccer like usual. It was awesome though because a kid that we talked to on the street (white kid by the way) actually came and played with us and brought his mom to watch! They said we could go over whenever so lets see what happens! Talk to everyone, you never know!
Sunday night, last night, we went over to the Riese family and watched the world cup final! Bro Stephen called President Zackrison and just asked if we could watch and he said yes! So we all showed up for the game at 8pm, the game started at 9 which is normally "in and safe", and we watched until past 12! I feel so rebellious but it was approved so its awesome!
So thats some of the fun things but the teaching this week was awesome too! Yesterday we had the baptism for Mini and he asked me to perform it for him. It was a fantastic service and the talks were perfect. His gran spoke and talked about how she has been praying for a priesthood holder in her home and now he was going to be able to serve that family. It was very very good.
We have been meeting with Khetiwae still and she is doing awesome! She reads the Book of Mormon more than I do I think and always has questions for us. She came to church and watched the baptism. She even invited her son to come and join lessons! She is doing wonderfully.
Tokoso is still power! We went over again and talked about the Plan of Salvation. He understands well and reads the Book of Mormon. He came to church and brought his cousin with him. They both enjoyed and want to come again. He is doing great, mom is a little bit less interested but always participates in lessons. We are hoping to put him on B-Date this week.
The Mhlanga family is still doing good too. The one less active brother came to church with the active brother and the investigator sister. We went over after church and talked about Book of Mormon reading. They all read but only the 1 sis comes to church. Gotta work on that but they are doing great!
Those are our investigators that we are working with. We have fewer numbers, but they are all awesome people with lots of potential! Not only to accept the gospel but even to help the ward. We have been tracting lots, contacting, trying to get into more highrises, just trying to find more quality people. Its been an awesome week and I am looking forward to this week as well! Should be a load of good things happening! Just gotta keep working hard and pushing through the rough finding times.
But all is well and its been a great week! I look forward to talking to you again next week! I love you all!
Elder Peterson